The Georgia Pavement and Traffic Research Center is equipped with testing machines to perform a variety of lab tests on paving materials, i.e., asphalt, aggregate, soil, and concrete, and the structural design of pavement.
Pavement Material Testing Equipment List:
1. Interlaken UniTest System with Environmental Chamber
2. IPC UTM 14P Machine with Triaxial Testing Cell
3. Pine Gyratory Compactor
4. 20-Qt. Laboratory Bench Mixer
5. Automatic Mechanical Compactor
6. Percometer (Tube Suction Test)
The Center has recently acquired state-of-the-art traffic signal controllers, interface units, data acquisition devices, and simulation software, which are capable of conducting both software and hardwire-in-loop traffic simulations and collecting real-time signal performance data.
Traffic Control Equipment and Software:
1. Traffic Cabinet
2. Traffic Signal Controllers
3. Controller Interface Units
4. NI Data Acquisition Equipment
5. Simulation Software: Synchro/SimTraffic and PTV (Vissim, Vistro, Vissum)