The mission of the Alternative Energy Innovation Center (AEIC) is to conduct research, engage in educational outreach programs, and promote good practices in energy conversion, storage, and delivery. The AEIC will continually seek outside funding to support its activities and will strive to enhance KSU student degrees by coordinating a degree emphasis on sustainability across the campus.
To meet this mission, the following steps will be taken:
- Seek a number of grants to support basic research in alternative energy.
- Develop a campus-wide partnership with a variety of departments to offer courses that
educate and engage students in topics related to sustainability.
- Develop a sophisticated web presence for disseminating information concerning sustainability
and alternative forms of energy generation, storage, and delivery. We will push the
envelope of interactive educational tools and video exploration.
- Promote tours of our research facilities for K-12 students, KSU students, and the
- Work with other universities, research agencies, local authorities, industry, and individuals to clearly identify the pressing needs in Georgia for alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.